Bio-Spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, did i do the smart thing? haha

Today my Math class was canceled so i headed home with my girflriend when it hit me, i still needed to get a hydrometer and some more sea salt for my tank for when the cycle finishes and i do the big PWC. (i have to wait to go to my lfs cause its a good half hour away). As i was looking for the salt and hydrometer, one of the guys at the lfs who i haven't seen before started making conversation and asking how my tank is. I told him, and he said that if salvadore (the guy who always helps me when i go) tried to sell me bio spira. He mentioned that it will completely cycle my tank within 1-2 days. But something seemed fishy (no pun intended :p) and somewhat unnatural to buy a bottle of stuff to cycle my tank rather than keep on with my fishless and market shrimp cycle.

So, was it smart to skip on the bio spira? For those of you who have read my previous threads, i have mentioned that i am not the most patient person in the world haha but when it comes down to it, i force myself.

Water parameters

Ammonia: .25 (its been dropping:])
Nitrite: .50 (its slowlyyyyyy rising)
Salinity 1.020 (i think that is how you write it)

I think it was a good idea. You saved some money. You are already are going through your cycle. Just remember nothing quick happens in this hobby.

I think it was a good idea. You saved some money. You are already are going through your cycle. Just remember nothing quick happens in this hobby.

True...Thanks:]

one more question. i have a 37 gallon tank.

I want to get 2 clown fish, a goby, and either one more fish, or 2 green chromis.

Also, i want to get a hermit crab and a few snails. Is that overstocking?

Or get something else that will eat the stuff off the glass. Shrimp?

Sorry for all the questions haha Ok well i will see about getting the clown fish or not. As far as the goby goes, it's not in danger because of the hermit crab right? Well since they both stay at the bottom of the tank

Back
Top Bottom