BioCube Filtration Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, I do worry a lot. I have become quite attached to my little clown haha. first pet that was solely mine. Thought of me causing him to die or something is very upsetting.

water clarity has gone back to about what it was with stock system...relatively clear, but a lot of particles floating around. i figured i should wait to test once it has circulated a bit. now that i have lowered the water level in the tank down to the max line and the basket isn't floating, it isn't so bad. still water bypassing the basket, but not much. and once i get the replacement piece and do it right this time, i think it should work as designed

I just tested and my ammonia is 0, nitrites 0 and nitrates between 10-20. i will test again tomorrow morning and hope that it is not disaster. hopefully this was me just overreacting haha

10-20 is not that bad at all your clown will not die. To get your trates down do a water change. Even then you might still have some. I have a 10gal set up for over a year and I run about 5 nitrates all the time.

Tested again this morning. Nitrites still at 0, Ammonia appears to be either 0 or between 0-.25ppm (color is not definitively one or the other), and nitrates are around a solid 20. I plan on doing a water change today when I get off work. Hopefully things have not risen by then.

Back
Top Bottom