Biocube stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba dude

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently picked up an established 29 gallon biocube and was wonder on if I could maybe add a couple more fish to it.

It currently has 2 clown loaches , a blenny and a gobi as well as 4 or 5 hermit crabs and 4 or 5 snails. Is there enough room to add a couple more fish? I would really like to put a couple yellow tangs if I was able to do so.

This is my first saltwater tank so I don't want to screw things up if I can avoid it. Thanks for the help.

29 gallons is too small for any tangs. Sorry, but they will not thrive in that space and even worse get sick and infect the other tank inhabitants.

Thanks , Great to know. Like I said I am new to the saltwater world.

Can you give any suggestions of a bright and colorful species that I could add to what I currently have. Maybe something that would not spend all of its time hiding in the rocks?

Thanks again , great site here with lots of help.

Six like wrasse, great looking fish, always actively swimming around, look them up...

I meant to write too big... So is a sic line too big for a 14g?

Yes 6 line would be too big for 14 gallon, and I might be being stupid but aren't clown loach fresh water fish?

Dang it!!!! Thanks gor killing my dreams woody... Lol... Thanks for the info!!!

Yellow banded possum wrasse may be more the right size though

First you kill my dreams and NOW you give me a glimmer of hope... Woody you are the best! I will look into that wrasse... Thank you

Never heard of that one, but i will give it a look... Set the tank up and I'm leaving for NY for a week of work... Easiest week of cycling ever!!! If only they all were that easy

Neon gobies or a pistol shrimp and yasha goby pair would be a great addition to the bottom of the tank

I recently picked up an established 29 gallon biocube and was wonder on if I could maybe add a couple more fish to it.

It currently has 2 clown loaches , a blenny and a gobi as well as 4 or 5 hermit crabs and 4 or 5 snails. Is there enough room to add a couple more fish? I would really like to put a couple yellow tangs if I was able to do so.

This is my first saltwater tank so I don't want to screw things up if I can avoid it. Thanks for the help.

Clown loaches?????

I have a pair of them now , Black and White. Strange pair that spend most of their time in the back of the tank swimming sideways like they think that back wall of the tank is the bottom. They seem happy though.

Back
Top Bottom