Biting clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgranata13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. Today my clownfish Julio bit me. Twice.

I've had my hands in the tank quite a bit the last few days, doing various things, and today he was not having it at all.

Every time I put my hand in, he would swim right up and start charging me. I was literally having a showdown with a CLOWNFISH. Process that.

Twice he darted right up and bit me. The first time it bled. The second time, I had just put my hand in the tank, and he literally jumped out of the water and bit a part of my hand that wasn't even in the tank.

Any ideas why he's doing this?

Joseph Granata

Ok. Today my clownfish Julio bit me. Twice.

I've had my hands in the tank quite a bit the last few days, doing various things, and today he was not having it at all.

Every time I put my hand in, he would swim right up and start charging me. I was literally having a showdown with a CLOWNFISH. Process that.

Twice he darted right up and bit me. The first time it bled. The second time, I had just put my hand in the tank, and he literally jumped out of the water and bit a part of my hand that wasn't even in the tank.

Any ideas why he's doing this?

Joseph Granata

hes defending his territory. its not uncommon at all for clownfish to bite.

Most definitely defending his territory. My Clown loves attacking my arm when it's in the tank. It use to always make me jump but I guess I'm used to now I hardly notice it now. Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Clowns are usually jerks, get used to it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you just have the one? If not, you may have a clutch of eggs in there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha, my little Ocellaris bites me the the whole time I'm cleaning the tank. So glad my Tomato clown leaves me alone, he's big :0

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom