Black algae / feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycapz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Black algae

Small issue, any advice on how to remove small green algae bubbles from live rock that has a baby feather duster attached to it?

The bubbles are a dark green, only 3-4 small ones. There on the other side of the lr from a little feather duster that recently appeared.

Ill try to post pics tonight or tomorrow morning. Trying to think of ways to not disturb the duster. Will removing the rock to clean off the algae kill the duster?

I was going to try the turkey baster idea, but I moved the rock and saw on the backside some small green hair algae (small patch). Interestingly enough, theres none of this anywhere else in the tank, or on other rocks. Yes, that side is exposed to sun light the most (slightly and indirectly). I may have to change that, and try to increase circulation to that side.

what would be the best recommendation? would it be best at this point to remove the rock and scrub off the algae. What is recommended, would a toothbrush and rubbing that area be best? Open to suggestions on best way to treat this.

Bumping...

Also could use some pointers on this turkey baster bit.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom