Black brittle starfish hitchhiker, ok to keep in the tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cubswin17

Aquarium Advice Regular
First I should say that I'm not 100% sure that it is a black brittle starfish. It quickly hid after being put in the tank. He hitchhiked in on a piece of live rock I bought. From what I saw online I'm pretty sure it is a brittle starfish, just couldn't tell for sure it was black. I can't get any pictures of him either since he hid so quickly. Assuming it is a black brittle, is it ok for a fowlr tank? I'm a total newbie so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Another dumb question... Are they safe to touch if I happened to do so on accident? Thanks for the help!!!

Yep that is a very cool hitchhiker! Perfectly fine for the fowlr and perfectly fine to touch. What fish are you planning on putting in there

I'm not 100% sure on the fish yet, I know my three year old will be crushed if I don't put some clowns in there though. Thank you for answering my questions!! Would the answer be the same if it were a green brittle starfish?

Cubswin17 said:
I'm not 100% sure on the fish yet, I know my three year old will be crushed if I don't put some clowns in there though. Thank you for answering my questions!! Would the answer be the same if it were a green brittle starfish?

I should edit that to say... If I "didn't" put some clowns in there though. I added two of them today.

Ha very nice. But ya and brittle star that I know of is going to be perfectly fine

Back
Top Bottom