black specs on my cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just noticed today that my cleaner has tiny black specs on his body, and there is actually quite a few. hes still acting normal and eating. he hasnt molted in probly a couple weeks though do you think thats why and hes just getting ready to or is he sick.

I believe Dr. Shimek has suggested that these black spots could be a fungal infection based upon similar looking spots on crabs. You might be able to find some more information searching.

I had a fire shrimp that it happened to. It looked like burn spots, he molted a few days after and was bright and back to normal. BUT, like Steven said, I would look into it, mine may have been a fluke...

I also had a fire or blood shrimp that after he molted the spots disapeared too. I dont know why he had them in the first place.

ya i noticed my peppermint shrimp has em too. i hadnt seen him in a day or two cause hes a good hider so idk when he got them. but ill check it out and i think tomorrow ill be in town close to the lfs so ill ask them also.

Back
Top Bottom