Blacksand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As someone who has both a fw and SW tank I just want to say I would NOT use blasting sand in my reef personally.

I would go with a pet store brand black and pay the extra money

Well I was so concerned about the metal in black silica sand Messing up all of my impellers And Already had a bunch of white sand So I now have white sand As my new substrate Maybe someday I will have Blacksand Thank you everyone for all your great advice and tips

As someone who has both a fw and SW tank I just want to say I would NOT use blasting sand in my reef personally.

I would go with a pet store brand black and pay the extra money

Pet store brand black sand, is coal slag. So basically the same thing. I KNOW tahitan moon sand is coal slag, and so is the petco brand. So unless you get dyed (which will fade) or colored quartz (impossible to find) you are getting the same thing as sandblasting sand.

Pet store brand black sand, is coal slag. So basically the same thing. I KNOW tahitan moon sand is coal slag, and so is the petco brand. So unless you get dyed (which will fade) or colored quartz (impossible to find) you are getting the same thing as sandblasting sand.

You learn new things everyday.

Like not putting in a under gravel filter And not using crushed seashells for your substrate What a monumental pain in the butt That was to get out of my tank I am very glad it's over with

Back
Top Bottom