Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2011, 04:49 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks.

I went with the lace rock and not live rock because the guy said that since I added the biospira and had the live gravel I could get away with not putting out as much money with the live rock.

I definitely WANT my aquarium to look more like a saltwater aquarium though, because I have put over 1000 dollars in this in the past two weeks. Anyone can have a great looking FW aquarium when they first set it up (no offense to freshies intended!!), but I want my SW setup to reflect the $ and care I am putting into it LOL.

Perhaps some fake corals?

I have also came to the conclusion that the crab is dead and it's not my fault. :P Unless it was stress from the move (though I did acclimate).

My other crab is active, my snails are active, and my fish seem to be happy and healthy.. and my water numbers are good.

I guess this one will just be a mystery.

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
as long as the tank was cycled as it was the substrate or rock wouldnt have made the crab die

Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm just not big on fake anything in a tank, especially SW. I like it when people come over I can say everything in here is alive. I take it you just have standard flourescent lights on there? How much were these "lace rocks" For furture setup you could have gotten base (dry) rock and then just a couple pieces of LR to seed the rest. Oh, I thought I'd throw this out, make sure you have extra shells in the tank. You don't want your crabs "stealing" shells from the snails. I def. think swapping out the gravel for sand, and removing the platic would give a much more saltwater look. Keep us posted!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Any changes to the tank, and I'm hoping that hermit crab death was just an isolated occurrence.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb161
Any changes to the tank, and I'm hoping that hermit crab death was just an isolated occurrence.
Everything is good.. Water parameters are fine. other crab is fine. My fish even look happy lol (or maybe i would just like to think so)

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crab, dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com