Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Blenny

Hey guys. My lfs has a couple of bicolour blennys in. I would like to add one to my temp tank to help with cuc as im finding it hard to find hermits and snails. For some reason all the lfs never have any. Will he b right with a niger trigger and a snowflake. Heaps of hiding spots and holes in rocks.. Just wondering if he would b chomped because he is quite expensive... Im thinking he should b fine.. Both the trigger and eel are small

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I cant say for sure, but i feel like that would be risky. Eels an triggers are pretty dang agressive, im sure the blenny will be eaten evenutally

Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thats what im thinking. Might have to wait until i move the eel and trigger to other tank. They havent touched the clowns but its prob only a matter of time.. Cheers mate
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am new to replying so I hope this is right.

We have a bi color and had to move him away from our black and white clowns and they are semi aggressive. They weren't trying to eat him but picked at his fins and they would chase him into the rock. It got to the point where he never came out and would have died of stress. So if your bi color would manager to run and hide without being eaten. He would likely die of stress. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah. Time would only tell. All good. Ive got another tank to set up for predators(which has been sitting empty for way too long) so i might just wait till then and use the current tank for a small reef with more peacefull fish. i was thinking it wouldnt work and he would b food but u never know if u dont try or ask people that have learnt from experience. But common sense does prevail thanks for your input

Tags
blenny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com