Blood shrimp questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester23

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just bought a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and he is doing great. Kind of smaller than I wanted it but All Fish Emporium didnt have any larger today. He is very active and nice addition to my 20 gallon. I was wondering though:
1-Would a Blood Shrimp do fine with my new Cleaner shrimp? I've been dying to get one of those as well.

2-Would a Blood shrimp do ok with a Green Emerald Crab? I hear a lot of people have them together with no problems but I just wanted to ask.

Any answers or suggestions are welcome.

I dont see any problem. I had one for about a yr. He was a hider though. Didnt come out much.

I thought the blood shrimp would fight the cleaners? Territory thing? That was my thinking, I want a couple but was waiting until my 2 cleaners, well you know.

i've always kept both together, and they never bothered each other, however, like mike said, the red fire shrimp are very shy. i think they are a waste of money for the amount of time you see them.

In a larger tank, they are not as shy in groups. Always kept 3 and they were out and about all the time. One even cleaned my hand if it got close.

Back
Top Bottom