Bloody red LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok Topgun, Where are you at on the cyano with the lights out for several days. You should be seeing a good drop in the amount and maybe able to draw out alot of it during a PWC.

melosu58 said:
Ok Topgun, Where are you at on the cyano with the lights out for several days. You should be seeing a good drop in the amount and maybe able to draw out alot of it during a PWC.

The Cyano is only on the LR, no where else.... With the lights out, I can see the Cyano starts getting off the LR now, I think it's SLOWLY working. I'll leave the lights out maybe for another week.

I also tested for po4 this morning, it also dropped down to .5 ( 2 ppm before)

As mentioned earlier, po4 is in my top off water (1 ppm) so I'll wait for the RO/DI unit to show up, install, then I'll do another PWC.

Here's an update picture of the LR, the BLOODY RED color is fading away.

Thanks for all the help you guys giving me.

Attachments

• pic4_213.jpg
    pic4_213.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 20
Much better , I think when you get the RO/DI unit you will be much better and you`ll see little algea.

I bought that same ro/di unit about 6 months ago and i love it. I had the same problem as you cyno bad. So i got a reactor and the ro/di unit and it about 3 weeks all my cyno was gone and hasn't returned yet. Just keep up on the pwc and you should be fine now. good luck

Hello morgan24,
I am glad to hear that the unit is working OK, I was a little reluctant to buy it afraid that it would not be any good since I saw all the RO/DI units sold at LFS are in the price range around $200 and up.

^ Agreed, I have the same one. Been useing it for 2 weeks now Cyano is almost gone! PWC every 2 days at 10% or about 5 gallons. Fish are much more lively!

Back
Top Bottom