Blue fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all. I was trying to think of a good addition for my 55g FOWLR. I currently have 2 ocellaris clowns and 2 green chromis. I wanted to add a pretty blue fish that would be friendly with my current stock and suitable for my 55g. Any suggestions? I originally wanted a blue tang, but my tank is way too small, but then thought of blue damsels, then heard they were evil. Any good blue fish out there? Preferably not too expensive. Thanks!

How about blue reef chromis? Alot different than the regular green/blue little ones and they get kinda big too. About $15 on liveaquaria.

I had 5 for a couple years but through a couple mishaps lost a few here and there til I had just two. lol But yeah, they are really cool, a dark blue with a black streak on top and soo much friendlier than damsels. :)

Blue assessors are cool but $$$. Same with blue spot jawfish. Um blue reef chromis are nice and not to $$.

Oh, another thought would be a bicolor pygmy angel, but not sure if you have coral or not. They can be nippers.

How about blue reef chromis? Alot different than the regular green/blue little ones and they get kinda big too. About $15 on liveaquaria.

I had 5 for a couple years but through a couple mishaps lost a few here and there til I had just two. lol But yeah, they are really cool, a dark blue with a black streak on top and soo much friendlier than damsels. :)

This fish looks awesome! Thank you! I can probably get a couple to school with my green chromis!

I love my blue reef chromis they are almost 6" now they pretty much avoid the blue/green chromis as they look like minnows compared to them

img_2934732_0_63ed9b79c9108f3bcc85a98c3415e128.jpg

Yellow tail damsels are pretty docile compared to other damsels IME. Mine doesn't bother anything, other than occasionally trying to chase away the cleaner shrimp when he comes to his cave.

Back
Top Bottom