Blue/Green Chromis v. Bicolor Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTodd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm planning on getting 7-9 Chromis to get my 240g going again and wanted to know if anyone knows whether the Bicolor Chromis are heartier than the Blue/Green Chromis. I was reading something online where the author said that the Greens are supposedly the weakest of the Damsel/Chromis and that they die off in significantly higher numbers when being shipped.

I already know all about the idea that they pick each other off until one is left. I've had mixed results with the Greens in the past with that sort of thing.

No they aren't any hardier. Honestly if you've got a tank that big I'd shoot for something a little more fun than chromis. Maybe try some clowns or cardinal fish.

This will be a FOWLR. Nothing against clowns or cardinals, but I picture those more in reefs.

This tank will have angels, tangs, a blue jaw trigger, harlequin tusk, etc. I wanted to start off with something that was relatively inexpensive, as I lost several expensive fish (or would have been expensive if I had paid for them) earlier this year. Whatever killed them should be gone by now, but I'm still nervous about putting $30+ fish in.

I got feedback from somewhere else that the blue/greens are somewhat stronger than the bicolors , so I'm getting 7 this weekend and we will see how it goes. If they make it a few weeks, I will be more comfortable buying more expensive fish and I will have a cool little school of fish.

I have eight green chromis in a qt for four weeks now. These are great shoal fish and get along swimmingly. They are easy to take care of and are quiet hardy. Yea they do give off a nice glowing sheen as they school by. Started Prozi pro bath yesterday.

I ended up getting 7 of the blue/green. I'm down to 5 now, but two looked a little small and weak when I got them. I think I will get another four and shoot for 9 total.

the blue reef chromis is the way to go especially in a 240g since they get big
img_2924617_0_63ed9b79c9108f3bcc85a98c3415e128.jpg

Back
Top Bottom