Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Same here. Had a clown that I would rub its side to let my others eat with out him attacking them and one day cleaning the tang he snapped my knuckle. Barely got me but could have been much worse

Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

My wife cleans the tank about every three months to get the coralline algae off and he's afraid of her. No snapping. The clown fish on the other hand attack without mercy.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
My wife cleans the tank about every three months to get the coralline algae off and he's afraid of her. No snapping. The clown fish on the other hand attack without mercy.
Not clown fish sorry, my clown trigger I had turned super super aggressive once it hit the 8-10" mark. Big enough to cause some serious damage if I hadn't seen him about to attack.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Not clown fish sorry, my clown trigger I had turned super super aggressive once it hit the 8-10" mark. Big enough to cause some serious damage if I hadn't seen him about to attack.
Yes, I got that. Use to have a full grown Picasso that loved crab legs. You could hear him demolishing them all over the house. But I didn't trust him one bit. Use to corner him with a net before reaching in his tank. A fish almost too smart for aquarium life.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome. Thats the main reason i never jumped into triggers to begin with but the blue jaw we got in is absolutely awesome. He seemed really calm and some customers have begged for him but I'm waiting for his QT time to be up and then I'm bringing him home with me.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

sorry to go off the subject but as people on this thread seem to have experience with Triggers I thought I might ask advice. What size would you say the minimum for a picasso trigger is? on Live aquaria it says 180 but everywhere else I am looking is saying 75. my tank is about 90 but just wondering what people with experience think?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody390 View Post
sorry to go off the subject but as people on this thread seem to have experience with Triggers I thought I might ask advice. What size would you say the minimum for a picasso trigger is? on Live aquaria it says 180 but everywhere else I am looking is saying 75. my tank is about 90 but just wondering what people with experience think?
Id say a 90 is really small for a Picasso but a bursa is more in your tank range. Still a bursa will outgrow a 90. Triggers are much like tangs because they are very active swimmers. If the trigger was one of very few few fish in a 90 with plenty of open water an few caves to sleep in you might be able to keep him for a little while but ultimately he will have to be re homed at some point. That's just my opinion though. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. There aren't many people that i know would be willing to take a large picasso f you had to rehome it since they do tend to be on the higher end of aggression.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

+1 I agree. I had to re-home mine.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

But in my opinion the Picasso is the 2nd most beautiful trigger only rivaled by the queen trigger. I love those fish and will hopefully build me a tank for just that purpose.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow yeah I'd agree I love look of them but still not 100% for what to stock new 90 with so thought I'd ask but defo don't want to harm fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com