Blue jaw trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow yeah I'd agree I love look of them but still not 100% for what to stock new 90 with so thought I'd ask but defo don't want to harm fish

90 gallons really opens your options but unfortunately triggers arent in that category. You could do something like a tomini tang, kole tang, snowflake eels, fu-man-chu lion, dwarf angels, and then of course all of the nano fish like clowns etc. etc. I wish i had gone with Gold stripe maroons instead of my Ocellaris since I'm trying to get into more aggressive fish and they are my main limitation. You could get some really nice fish just make sure to do your research. I use vividaquariums.com and liveaquaria.com to look at fish and get ideas of what to buy and then have it ordered locally.

Yeah I know I want to do a predator tank and want a lion, unfortunately too small for a volitans so looking at dwarfs and then going to build from there but obv the dwarf limits too lol

Yeah I know I want to do a predator tank and want a lion, unfortunately too small for a volitans so looking at dwarfs and then going to build from there but obv the dwarf limits too lol

for dwarfs you could keep any of them really it just, like you said, limits your other fish. Angels, rabbitfish, tomini tang, kole tang, butterflies, etc. all of those if you get a small lion and a decent size on each of your other fish you should be fine. i really like the mombasa and russell lions. by the way its my thread so you can highjack if you want i already got my answer i was looking for.

Yeah sorry wasn't my intention just thought I'd take chance to tap knowledge and I was maybe thinking of a dwarf zebra defo.. Do you think a snowflake eel and a Russell's with a few soft corals would work?

Yeah sorry wasn't my intention just thought I'd take chance to tap knowledge and I was maybe thinking of a dwarf zebra defo.. Do you think a snowflake eel and a Russell's with a few soft corals would work?

Should be okay until the snowflake gets full grown.

So why wouldn't that stock work when snowflake gets fully sized sorry bit confused

So why wouldn't that stock work when snowflake gets fully sized sorry bit confused

Didn't mean to confuse. Liveaquaria says 50 gallons and they are pretty conservative. Just be sure your rock work gives him a nice cave and keep the little fish away and the lid on tight.

That stock should be fine. I've seen multiple tanks with full grown eels and lions together without issues. Just make sure your rock work is stable too. You should be fine. Keep him well fed and he shouldn't bother any of your fish. A well fed tank is a peaceful tank.

They make good tank mates. But little fish will eventually get eaten. Maybe not right away, but eventually. They both eat a lot of silversides.

Look earlier in the thread, yes, I have a frisky one.

Is the blue throat different?

Attachments

• image-1382313108.jpg
    image-1382313108.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 91
I just bought a pair. Think I got a pretty good deal. Both about 3" still a little shy from being put in. Paid 75 for both.

Brought my trigger and eel home today now I'm acclimating them and the blue jaw is absolutely awesome.

Attachments

• image-3206751111.jpg
    image-3206751111.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom