Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2005, 12:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
Blue leg hermits are awesome

I finally decided to pick up some life for my little 10 gallon FOWLR tank.

Bought a tank raised perc for 19.98. Not to bad. A half dozen blue leg hermits for 5$ and 2 turbo snails for 4$.

I have a piece of fiji rock in there that is completely covered with algea. Within an hour of putting the hermits in they have began to clear it. So far the snails haven't done much at all. I am pleased to see that the hermits are doing a good job. Thta rock needed it. It looked terrible.

I acclimated the perc with the shot glass method. Over the course of 4 hours. When I put him in he acted great. Didn't act asif he had been shocked in anyway. He is doing good.

I got 6 blue legs and 1 normal one I think. One is red with a large purple claw. If I get some shrimp or something I may have to get rid of that one. Won't they eat about anything?

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Just wait until they get bigger. Here is my 'Big Blue". he is a full 2" across now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue30001_174.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1646  

Old 03-25-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
He looks pretty cool. Where did you get extra shells at?

Do you have any idea if turbo snails reproduce quickly? I know most snails reproduce A-sexually so you get a ton of them. Are turbos the same way?

I was told Turbos do great on algea. So far they haven't even touched it. The crabs have been at it since 5pm non-stop. They almost have my rock cleaned off. Looks a lot better.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue leg hermits, hermit, hermits

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com