Blue Linkia Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All, I bought a Blue Linkia Starfish about 10 days ago and it is hanging on the side of the tank with one arm, which the other arms seem to be motionless. What should I do, is it dying? This is the first time I am seeing him motionless, the other days he was very slowly active (if that makes sense).

Should I put him in my QT so my ammonium levels don't spike if he is dying?

HELP!

The tips of the arms usually turn white and the skin begins flaking when death is looming; You may also see necrosis in the tubed feet and the expelling of their tracts. If you see none of this then leave it be. You are more likely to highly stress the animal by transferring it to a qt at this point and if it was dieing, there would be nothing you could do for it (usually starvation).

They are not the easist to keep alive. Liveaquaria rates them as difficult on their care level. I have a blue linknia and he`s almost 4 yrs old but I also had a very mature and stable tank. Also several sites recommend that you do not expose them to air.

Getting WORSE!

My starfish is laying on its back with a reddish blob foaming out of its mouth. What is this? It it dying? It isn't moving much, but his skin is still bright blue? is this normal?

It does not sound good. Flip him over and see if he looks like he losing his firmness.

Back
Top Bottom