Blue shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just thought I would share this story.

At work today this guy wanted me to suggest some good fish for his fowlr dpi asked him what size tank he had and what was in it and he told me he had a 100g tank with a yellow tang, lionfish, and some other stuff. Then he said guess what else I have... A blue shark. I didn't believe him and asked where he got it. So he pulled out his phone and showed me a video of a baby blue shark he caught in Florida and transported back up to Ohio and put it in his tank...... I was blown away

I am sure that is extremely illegal and with out proper licensing he could face a very hefty fine and go to jail. Also sharks need a huge tank, 500+ gallons.

Ha a few feet try 12-14 lol. It was about 6 inches maybe 9 inches

Dude that is awesome! But yeah it could be illegal. I kinda want to try to catch a baby shark and make a large pond outside and have some sort of filter that pumps NSW and dispenses of the water back into the ocean.

it will die in that tank before it gets too big. they bump into the glass walls and damage their bodies and then start to fail.

I know that's what I told him. I felt bad for the poor shark

What he did is extremely illegal. All sharks landed in Florida must be a minimum of 54", whether they are kept alive or not. That shark will die in that tank within a couple of months. Blue Sharks are open ocean living sharks and need lots of room to swim. People like that are the reason that people have issues with the aquarium trade. It makes me sick to see/hear about this

Ok so today at the store a guy called in and asked me if we would order him a bull shark

Back
Top Bottom