Blue spotted jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmilnik

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just got a blue spotted jawfish and I am feeding him mysis shrimp but it is hard to see if he is eating what is the best way to feed him? And also I have a big hermit crab he will not disturb him right?

The hermit shouldn't bother him. I assume he has found himself a hiding spot or has begun cave excavation, to which you can use a tube or turkey baster to spot-feed just in front of his home if he does not come up for feeding.

I agree with James. I also use gel based food for my bottom feeder, since it sinks....

What, No pictures? LOL I know they are hard to capture with the camera. But just maybe.....

Not to nerf your thread, but here is a fuzzy pic of mine:

img_835634_0_9816045e41457a79b29c335c5daa7b70.jpg

He eats a homemade mix of mysis, brine, cyclopeeze, marine quisine, plankton, chopped squid, chopped clam, and various vitamins. So hopefully you will have luck with some of those. He was a little reluctant to eat the first week or so, but his appetite grew.

With regards to the hermits, mine will pick up the shells of the hermits, but doesn't have a lot of luck with actually eating them, even though he tries. He is actually a pretty aggressive eater as well, and will push the clowns and blue damsel around when it is time to eat.

Thanks for the input! I will try and snap a shot if i can. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom