Bottom feeding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

golfn101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some suggestions on bottom feeders for my 45 gallon fowlr setup. I have some sand sifting snails already, about 5 but need more. What fish should I look at? All I have currently is 4 small damsels.

Idk what you mean by fish bottom feeders? There's not really such a thing for sw. Diamond or yellow head gobies will sift sand and live on the bottom but they don't eat poop or anything like that.

The flow in the tank shouldn't allow food or poop to fall onto the bottom. Snails and hermits will take care of anything that does, but in general this shouldn't be happening as uneaten should get picked up by mechanical filtration. If not, obviously feeding too much.

All I have currently is 4 small damsels

Oh your going to regret them little devils
ZkDetsr.jpg
every new edition will most likely endow the most unwelcome beat down , best way to describe them mean nasty bullies , you may want to get rid of them before you find out the hard way,

hermits are your best bet for the bottom they will take care of left overs but you wont have much left over if you don't over feed from the start

Back
Top Bottom