Bought a new fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squeeky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a little dragon wrasse yesterday and I haven't seen it since :( hope he is ok ...... My Sailfin tang is much better now his black spot has gone ..... The cleaner wrasse I bought done its job ....... BUT where my dragon wrasse :(

If he's anything like other wrasses, he's buried himself in the sand. I used to have a yellow coris wrasse. Put him in tank and didn't see him for 2 days, then suddenly his head popped out of the sand, then he started to swim around. Cool fish. But for a couple weeks he would bury himself in the sand at night. It's just something they do when they're not sure if they're safe. Just be patient. :)

Most fish will usually hide when introduced into a new tank. The first day I had my firefish, he darted straight into a cave that looked way too narrow for him and he didn't come out until I fed the tank. It just takes patience. He'll adjust.

If its anything like my red lined wrasse, it's gonna do a lot of hiding the first 3 weeks. Don't worry, he's there

Back
Top Bottom