BoxFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiburone9162003

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi,got a question about a boxfish,have anyone had any problem with then and other fish...would they release there toxins even if they not stresed?

They can be housed with other non-aggressive fish; however, the potential of toxin release will always be present and some sp. moreso than others. Nutrition is always of great importance with this family as is the size of their enclosure (think along the lines of surgeonfish).

How long have you had your tank? Boxfish are better suited for a mature tank and tankkeeper, so if you have the skill level, go for it.

damn,the tank where his in its only couple months,but what worrys me more its he releasing toxins,i want to transfer my other fish from my one of my tanks to the tank where boxfish its in but it might chace him so im thinking on trade in boxfish :( i didnt sleep good lastnight just of thinking about toxins and stuff lol.

i have a yellow boxfish and he has been fine, ive had clown fish, wrasse and a blue tang and he has loved it, i even had a case of gill flooks\ and he and the wrasse were the only ones to pull through.

Back
Top Bottom