Boyu dg-2516 Has anyone heard about this hob protein skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erictoronto

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone heard about this hob protein skimmer? I recently purchased it at my fish store and am trying to get it going on my tank. My tank is a fowlr tank and has no sump, just some live rock and one powerhead.

My tank is a 65gb and I purchased a 65gb protein skimmer, it is my brothers tank and since he didnt want it he gave it to
Me...I don't know much at all about tanks...but want to learn.

The employee told me to try out the boyu, cuz he heard some good things about it and it was cheap. My brother has been running his tank with no skimmer for a few months and it is really dirty (I got a guy to clean it jn December) one clown fish remains. I have a few hermit crabs to. My tank does not have much in it but apparently the water test says the water is good. Just to purchase a skimmer... So I purchased a skimmer..

How do I know that it is working? It has now been running for 48 hrs and looks like it is barely bubbling in the body of the skimmer....and nothing but clear water. No foam... The instructions were in the worst English translations ever...

Someone told me to let the skimmer break in, give it a few days...I don't know. When I lift the skimmer the skimmer starts bubbling like crazy...I don't know

Any help will do...I hope I didn't buy a lemon

I have a prism and it took my skimmer about 4-5 days to start noticing it pulling out the garbage. You need to find a good balance in air flow so that the collection cup doesn't fill to fast or else you'll have a mess and nothing removed from the tank I learnt this one lol! I find my skimmer does most of its collecting at night for some odd reason. Hope this helps a little

Back
Top Bottom