Brine Shrimp Auto-Feeder??? + DIY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torontofc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anybody know if there's a brine shrimp auto-feeder that I could buy or built. Sometimes it's just frustrating asking friends to come over everyday to feed my fish when im at a vacation.

I thought of a DIY but it might be stupid and not work. But im just gonna share it anyway.

1) Buy a mini fridge
2) Put a small tank in the fridge and load it with brine shrimps with water
3) Put a powerhead (without the fish protecter at the sucking end of the powerhead) in the brine shrimp tank and connect water tubes to the ejecting end of the powerhead
4) Lead the tube to the main tank
5) Set a timer for the powerhead that only turns on for 1/2-1 min a day so the right amount of brine shrimp will realease into the main tank
6) Add another powerhead in the brine shrimp tank to circulate to prevent the shrimps to stay at the bottom of the tank (this powerhead will turn on 24/7)

Can you guys comment and tell me if this DIY would work or not, or some improvements that could make???? thanks

Thats actually a really good idea. But your fish cannot just live off brine.
And you might not need the fridge, Just set up a normal tank and do as you said.

But in the brine tank, As some die off, Water quality will get poor(in the brine tank) and then your pumping bad water + some dead brine into the main tank.
Dunno, :p

Thats actually a really good idea. But your fish cannot just live off brine.
And you might not need the fridge, Just set up a normal tank and do as you said.

But in the brine tank, As some die off, Water quality will get poor(in the brine tank) and then your pumping bad water + some dead brine into the main tank.
Dunno, :p

i mean putting dead frozen brine shrimp in it, so a fridge might be needed to keep it fresh.

Back
Top Bottom