Bristle worms taking over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenikat

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is only one of many things in my tank that are covered in worms. What can I do? I counted over 20 worms when I fed the fish.

image-2409610118.jpg

I tried to upload a video that showed a bunch on this blue thing. Did not work. I only feed every other day.

I see your having trouble with them still, arrow crabs eat them,lol but they look like spiders. There's a fish called a dolphin shark, I think that's what it's called. It's black and blue with a long skinny body. The only thing with them is they rearrange things trying to find the bristle worms. I had a dragon wrasse that would move rocks going after them it was crazy. My friend has a dolphin shark fish and it just digs and moves the sand around trying to uncover them.

I'd agree that those are bristle worms, but they are a good part of a clean up crew to have. If their numbers grow to extreme amounts, you know you are feeding too much.

I feed my fish once every 2 days for salt and once every 3 days for fresh.
I only feed 1 frozen cube of food. I have 5 small fish a crab and 3 turbo snails. Am I feeding to much?

image-417106699.jpg

Thought I'd show you the one I've been trying to catch, got it this morning. Lol the little ones I don't really worry about. I think this one got my nano fish I had. = (

Attachments

• image-3127513197.jpg
    image-3127513197.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 121
That's a pretty big worm. Yuck
I don't think I could have done that. Lol

Lol I was almost late for work, but the timing was perfect. Yeah pretty nasty looking worm. It was like a good foot long in the tank stretched out. First time I tried it just pulled out of the tweezers.....uuuhh!!! You do better than me with feeding, I've always done 1 cube morning & night. I can't help it, the little fat kids are always starving in my tank. Lol

I try not to give into the need to feed. Lol
I do a cube then wait a day and then do flake. Every other day.
I still have a ton of worms. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Yes it sucks having so many, I've had a couple nano's that exploded with them. I use to even just pick them off the rocks when I fed. Never ending battle til you get something that eats them.

I had a 6 line wrassel and it did a good job eating them. But my crab ate it. I'm getting a new one on Wednesday.

Thanks I work hard on both my tanks. Now if my kids and dogs could stay this clean. Lol

Back
Top Bottom