Brittle Sea Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brittle's pose a threat to smaller fish IME. I would much rather keep serpents.

I`ve never had a brittle but I `ve had a few friends get rid of them for being too aggressive toward the smaller fish as James said.

Green Brittle Star = Fish eater.

Other species can resort to eating your livestock if not properly fed though.

Serpent stars, as stated, I believe are a lot calmer.

I have numerous brittles and serpents and never have had problems. I also have the "notorious green brittle" and havent had issues either. I also feed them regularly, so that could be why.

well the reason i was asking, is because i got one today at the lfs, it is the red one, which some places say they are semi-aggresive and other places say they are peaceful. The one purchased is pretty small, so far everything is ok. When i fed the fish today, the brittle ate as well. So we'll see how everything goes

Leo

A red one, I haven't seen those, can you get a pic?

I've never seen a red brittle also. Are you sure it's not a Red Serpent Sea Star?

I have a 8" brittle and it hasn't messed with any of my fish including the smaller ones. I hand feed it a small piece of raw shrimp every other week and it eats frozen as well when the fish do.

Back
Top Bottom