brown algea problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well ive come to learn that not all replys are even seen. And he keeps bypassing good advice. But now that you were nice enough to show me i would say that the flow is low as a start.

iam sorry to keep going on about the brown algea problem but it does not seem to be clearing up, had about 5 weeks now. i know things dont happen over night but i thought it might have gone a little.
done my weekly test today, temp 26c, s.g 1025, ph 8.2-8.4, nitrate 10ppm, nitrite 0ppm, phos 0.1ppm, calcuim 330ppm, alk 8.0dkh, mag 1170ppm. are these ok.
using RO/DI water but that reads 0.1ppm for phos, changed the DI resin still reading 0.1ppm. asked the lfs about this they said you cant test fresh RO water. Why is this?
told them about my problem and would cutting the lights down would help they said if it is cyrano, cutting the lights back wouldnt help cos it does not feed on the light as much as other algea.
could it be another kind of brown algea apart from diotoms?
i feed the tank every other day with pellats, frozen brine, just got some cyclop-eeeze and half a sheet of nori.
iam very sorry to keep going on but you guys know alot more than me.
thanks.

Can you get a pic of the algae and post it here so we can see what you are talking about?

Back
Top Bottom