bubble magus nac5 e

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

y.roc30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Having the toughest time fine tuning my skimmer. It overflows and foam spills everywhere! While running tons of microbubbles are released into my tank and it looks horrible, it also makes the most wretched burping sound! It's a 38 gallon tank and my first SW so this is totally frustrating! So if anybody has any suggestions or advice, please pass on. Thank you AA!

I hear your frustration as I have the exact same problem, I have a HOB skimmer, I can only get the water level in the skimmer to be at the top of the cone and not the bottom, if I open the air inlet valve, it drops the level, but it makes so many bubbles in the tank and gets noisy!

So I took mine to my LFS where I purchased my skimmer and they dropped it in one of their tanks to allow it to "break in" for a week. Maybe if you are still having trouble maybe yours could use a break in or at least a step by step by your LFS. Worth a try? No more bubbles either...

Ya you need to give them time to break in. I have a Skimz skimmer and it took just over 2 weeks to break in but it works like a dream now..

Back
Top Bottom