Bubbles in saltwater aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmgixxer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently added a bubble wand to my 75 gallon fish only tank. My fish seem fine with it's and were fine before that also. But I did lose a yellow tang this morning and I was wondering if the bubbles could have something to do with it. When I turned the lights on the tang was on the side of my powerhead so I turned the powerhead off and he floated to the bottom. I also thought of the possibility of the powerhead killing him but I don't think that's what happened.

If you put an air stone in a salt water tank it needs to be making big bubbles because fine bubbles can get lodged in the fishes gills. I only use one if it's a really hot day and put mine under a rock to make larger bubbles. As for the death it could be a number of things did your fish have any wounds or marks?

I didn't see any wounds no sign of ick he did look a bit brown but I figured it was because of the death. When I first put the wand in the Tangs kept swimming thru the bubbles as if they were having fun.

Back
Top Bottom