Bubbles on my rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have bubbles all over my saltwater rocks inside my tank. I have a dogface puffer in the tank. What does that mean. Is there something wrong with my tank. Here is what my tank looks like IMG_0208.jpg

Cyanobacteria. Thrives in low flow areas of the tank. Add and adjust the powerheads to get more flow going on.
Secondly large water changes to begin addressing the nutrients in the water column.
Is there any water falling or trickling into the system? This would create air bubbles that will cling to rock and algae.

The bubbles are the algae 'pearling' IMO ...
I would turn your lights down since I see no corals demanding high light.
Shorter light cycle may help in eradicating the algae also along with water changes ..
Any idea what your PO4 is ?

From what I’ve read, bubble algae tends to be areas with high nutrients. I get it around the area where I feed my fish because some tends to sink down.

The idea of it being low flow areas are due more to food doesn’t sit and rot in high flow areas because it’s being pushed away.

From what I’ve read, bubble algae tends to be areas with high nutrients. I get it around the area where I feed my fish because some tends to sink down.

The idea of it being low flow areas are due more to food doesn’t sit and rot in high flow areas because it’s being pushed away.

Bubbles on rocks,
there are 2 types bubble algae so not to be confused

air/gas bubbles are usually found on rock and sand in new tanks releasing silicates promoting cayno , but can also be found in mature tanks after adding new items such as coral or rock (best remedy flow) a turkey baster also comes in handy to help blow off rocks while releasing trapped silicates .

green bubble algae usual cause low flow / piled up food and waste

best way to resolve add more flow for circulation . the use of a turkey baster during water changes blowing off crud also helps , so this crud can be removed while sucking out old water,

Back
Top Bottom