buying new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louiseberry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know where a good place to buy fish on line? Im also trying to figure out what type of fish it was i saw at my sisiters doctors office. It was small, and solid red, but loved to sit on the rocks and watch you, it was the funnist little fish,anyway i cant find it in any pics,[dont know where to start] I thought maybe it could of been a goby, or blenny ,but cant find one red. louiseberry:rolleyes:

You might want to check out all the LFS's in your area first. Its better to know what you are buying. With ordering fish online, you never know what you are going to get. At least at LFS's, you can request a feeding and see that they are healthy or not. I'm not saying not to order online, this is just my opinion.

If you go back to the docs office with a camera and take a pic. We might be able to identify it for you.

I looked at the pictures of the red flame hawk,almost but not quite,it didnt have any black on it.I"ll check and see if my sis remembers,it was years ago. louiseberry

You might want to check out all the LFS's in your area first. Its better to know what you are buying. With ordering fish online, you never know what you are going to get. At least at LFS's, you can request a feeding and see that they are healthy or not. I'm not saying not to order online, this is just my opinion.

I could not have said it any better. I totally agree. At the LFS you can actually see who`s coming home and if they are eating.

That's if you are lucky and all your LFS don't shut down....sigh....

Oh yes and a pic of the flame hawk

100_1108.JPG

100_1228.JPG

hopefully my sis remembers,at the time it was only alittle over half an inch ,all red, and i never saw it swim, it just kinda would sit on the rock, almost like sitting in a chair then would kinda waddle around if that makes sense,I went to the docs office with my sis just to look at the tank and watch that funny little fish he had everyones attention. louiseberry

Back
Top Bottom