Can a blue tang live in a 75g w/ a few other sm fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problems with the fish list and you'll have plenty of room to add more down the line. Dwarf angels get a bad rap imo/ime just like damsels (there are reasonably nice damsels).

haha, well im starting a 30g saltwater in a few months, im gonna start with some clowns and a goby after i cycle it.

FWIW I have a pygmy angel (Centropyge argi) in my 30g reef and he doesn't bother any of the corals, but I think each fish is different. Try and look for one at the LFS that is in a tank with corals or at least some LR and watch the fish to see how it behaves. I didn't get mine until the tank had plenty of other things growing on the LR for him to snack on; he took one swipe at my big feather duster but when the duster zipped back into his tube it scared the angel so much he hasn't messed with the duster since!

Innovator said:
Dwarf angels get a bad rap imo/ime just like damsels (there are reasonably nice damsels).
Like clownfish....except for the maroons, they can be a little fiesty and they are damselfish as well.

FWIW I have a pygmy angel (Centropyge argi) in my 30g reef and he doesn't bother any of the corals, but I think each fish is different.
So true, but from what I have read, c. argi is considered to be one of the safer bets in a reef. Same goes for the coral beauty and the flame angel. However, I've heard plenty of stories about dwarf angels that were fine in a reef for years, and then just went nuts on coral all of a sudden.

Back
Top Bottom