Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawman
THIS is all I can find on the subject. I didn't dig very deep. It's on Wikispaces though so I'm not sure it's very reliable. According the the article, it's only been recording once in nature, and it says nothing about aquariums. It supposedly gives him too snapping claws and severs the nerve. No reasons as to why though.
Thank you for the link. It's been useful:]

Yeah clintwood (my pistol shrimps name :P) had two claws. They were both roughly around the same size and like I said in the previous posts, he started acting really weird just flicking his tail to push himself to the top of the tank and just let himself fall. He's fine now. My sleeper goby took clintwoods old rock while he burrowed into a new one and now he has what looks like a small claw or 2 arms together. I kept the severed claw in an empty flake container :P

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did you see it cut it off? If not, they occasionally have problems molting and will lose limbs. Keeping iodine, trace elements high lessens the chances of this happening.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcothelia
Did you see it cut it off? If not, they occasionally have problems molting and will lose limbs. Keeping iodine, trace elements high lessens the chances of this happening.
Yeah I saw it cut it off. He was holding his right claw with his left. Before I knew it, he walked on with the claw on the ground
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeesh that's really weird. Not a clue honestly O_o

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha I still find this funny.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im still sorry for your lost..or should I say part loss of your shrimp.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Perhaps your shrimp suffers with a rare neurological condition called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) lol.

It's a real disorder appearantly, a man who had it hated his own perfectly good right leg and wanted it amputated, doctors wouldn't approve the surgery so he took matters into his own hands! Yikes!

Link : David Openshaw | Neurological disorder
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyMCG
Perhaps your shrimp suffers with a rare neurological condition called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) lol.

It's a real disorder appearantly, a man who had it hated his own perfectly good right leg and wanted it amputated, doctors wouldn't approve the surgery so he took matters into his own hands! Yikes!

Link : David Openshaw | Neurological disorder
His name shoulda been david ripshaw lol

Tags
claw, pistol, pistol shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com