Can hypo kill inverts or live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rushopkins

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm fighting ick in my 75g fowler tank. Can't seem to add any fish without them coming down with it. They do fine in the qt but once added to the dt they just hide and come down with ick. I've let the dt set for a month, raised the temp, treated with "ick attack" but still seem to have problems. The most recent addition was an anthias that lasted three days and as soon as it came out of hiding bolted to the surface gasping for air and had the d**m baking soda look.

My next idea is to raise the temp and go hypo in the dt. Ideas?

The only fish in the dt are a Firefish and golden sleeper goby "which I haven't really seen for days".

I have a one spot foxface and coral beauty angel in the 20g qt but don't want to put them in the dt because I'm afraid of what will happen to them.

Please help. Comments, recommendations???

Yes. It can and probably will kill your inverts. I'm not sure about the bacteria on the rock, but I would suggest against it. I would figure out what is stressing the fish in the DT. Something is not ideal and this is what is lowering their immune systems.

A UV sterilizer won't cure ich in the tank by any means. It might help little but it won't fix your problem at all. If you want to fully cure the tank of ich then your best bet is to do a hypoalinity treatment in quarantine followed with a 8 week fallow period in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom