Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I add anything else?

I want to add more life my tank. Here's the specs:

I currently have my 37G Tall (29"x12.5"x25") w/crushed coral sand substrate, and 25lbs of lace rock, stocked with:

1 - 3" Tetradon Nigrividis (Green Spotted Puffer)
1 - 7" Congrogadus Subducens (Green Wolf Eel)

Bio-load seems pretty hefty at this point. Filteration is only a HOB Aquaclear 300. I have a skimmer on the way and I'm planning a sump system w/refugium.

I was thinking maybe a seastar, crabs and shrimp are completely out of the question, maybe an abalone? I'm not sure if I'm really interested in putting any other fish in this already aggressive tank. Also, I know I may have to seperate these fish in the future as they grow.

I'm not sure if inverts are even an option because of my low salinity of only 1.016SG. Before anyone makes the comment... do some real Congrogadus Subducens research before telling me it's not brackish safe. =)

Can anyone of you guys suggest something that might add more life to my tank. Fish or invert... I'm open to suggestions. For those who think my tank is too small for the livestock, they both have the option to go into thier very own 40G tanks and can be seperated at any time.

Thanks in Advance,

40G Brackish Mangrove Swamp
(4) Toxotes Jaculatrix
(2) Uca Spp.

37G Puffer Tank
(1) Tetraodon nigroviridis

200G Mangrove Swamp (Under Construction)
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
You will need to separate the fish, a 37gal is too small to house either at the current stages let alone adult. Puffers will eat the majority of your crustaceans.. and i'd advise that you not add any more fish..
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com