Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds like he had ich or something. And the Maracyn is probably what killed your crab. Your new puffer is suffering because you have some kinda parasite or whatnot infesting the tank. He is now infected. You better get him out of the tank and into a QT. Id post pictures of him on this site and try to figure out WHAT he has before treating with more stuff. ALot of those meds are HARSH.

If this fish dies too, id wait a few weeks before putting any more fish in. You may need to completely redo your tank since you put Maracyn into it.

Sounds like terrible advice from a vet to just dump Maracyn into the tank like that. It needs to be measured and done in a QT tank, no? Poor crabs.

Id just bury the fish and say a prayer. Id deffinately not try to cremate a fish and then wear the ashes. That just sounds weird to me.
MAtt

Old 04-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, I cremated my rat and my gerbil by putting them in a metal coffee can and placing them in the woodstove. You could also use a burning barrel, a fire pit, a fireplace, or a fire in the ditch, law providing. I don't think they make metal coffee cans anymore, they're mostly plastic now, so you might try a soda can, pickle jar, pie pan with foil over it, or something else. I guess I don't really find this funny. It's a bit different, but I find it hard to laugh over anything dying.. Unless it's an exploding mosquito or something...

Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its a shame you cant eat a puffer! Might make a decent sandwich!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers18 View Post
Its a shame you cant eat a puffer! Might make a decent sandwich!
seriously? this may seem weird to you and we get that, but this person feels strongly enough about his pet that he/she wants to keep their pet with them always. maybe being in insensitive A$$ on this thread isnt really approprate.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
is back to save the day!

Anybody who cremates their pets are weird. Flush the fish and bury the others. I mean... I even flushed coral once.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have some respect for Countrygurl84's feelings! This fish obviously meant a lot to her.

Oh, by the way, they still do make metal coffee cans. They're just a little harder to find. I horde those and abandoned milk crates.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

I agree with Jim. Gotta respect other's feelings.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

I'd like to ask...no, insist everyone stay civil for the remainder of this thread. I think the original poster asked a question that is important to them. Let's keep the jokes and judgemental remarks out of this.

Thanks all!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

My condolences on the loss of your pet. Unless you are of strong constitution I would not recomend doing a cremation yourself. You are not going to get the dried ash you are looking for, just a black carbon.

See if a funeral home can do it for you.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think we need to review our lessons from Bambi: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." It's not just aimed at you Zer0. The sandwich comment was particularly tasteless.

The one thing I've been impressed with is the level of civility here on AA. I've been on other forums where I could say the cloudless sky is blue and get flamed by people. That doesn't happen here. I'd really like to see it stay that way. Nothing discourages a person like dumping on them and their opinions or questions. Everyone here has started from nothing and learned their way up. Reading and asking questions is a fantastic way to learn and that's what AA is all about. I really don't want to have ask the moderators to start locking forums. Try to put yourself in the other person's shoes when you answer a question or make a comment. If you received the response your just wrote to one of your own questions, how would you feel? Please keep your fellow aquarists in mind when you post.

Tags
puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com