Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

can i have 2 wrasses in the same tank?

i have a 45 gallon tank in their right now is a vlorik wrasse (i think thats what its called) i was wondering would i be able to also have a yellow wrasse in the tank as well or will they not get along?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

By yellow wrasse, do you mean a yellow coris wrasse? or some other kind? in general, wrasse on wrasse is not a good call. Some of them can be peaceful enough to co-exist.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea its called that as well its got a couple names also called golden wrasse but would the 2 I name be able to coexist I believe the one I have is peaceful
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey Jarrett,
I just did some read'n up on the Vlorik and the yellow and it looks like it should be okay but it says the Vloric should be in a 50 gal or bigger. I think you should be good to go. here are the articles.

Vlorik
overview
Put on a pair of shades before acclimating this one out of the box, because the Male Vrolik's Wrasse is a true razzle-dazzler. Neon red stripes pop against iridescent blues and greens. A sunny yellow dorsal fin glows under the glimmer lines of your lighting system. Halichoeres chrysotaenia, while appearing similar to Halichoeres melanurus, can be differentiated by its spotted caudal fin, whereas H. melanuras has lines on its caudal fin that form a single black spot when compressed.
A 50 gallon or larger aquarium with a tight-fitting lid, a 2-3 inch sandy bottom to hide under if frightened, and other peaceful wrasses, including its own species, is an acceptable environment.
It will eat fireworms and pyramidellid snails, protecting corals and clams. In addition, it may eat feather dusters, wild shrimp, tubeworms, and flatworms. It may also eat parasites off of tank mates. Diet should include vitamin enriched frozen mysis shrimp, vitamin enriched frozen brine shrimp, and other meaty foods along with a high quality marine flake and marine pellet food.
Approximate Purchase Size: Juvenile (Small): 1-1/2" to 2-1/4"; Adult (Medium): 2-1/4" to 3-1/4"

Yellow Coris Wrasseoverview
The Yellow Wrasse is also referred to as the Golden Rainbowfish, Golden Wrasse, Yellow Coris, or Canary Wrasse. It is golden-yellow with a black eyespot on the dorsal fin. A 50 gallon or larger aquarium with a sealed lid, a 2-3 inch sandy bottom to hide under when frightened, and other peaceful Wrasses, including its own species, provides a good environment. It will eat fireworms and pyramidellid snails, protecting corals and clams. In addition, it may eat feather dusters, wild shrimp, tubeworms, and flatworms. It may also eat parasites off of tank mates.
The Yellow Wrasse diet should include vitamin enriched frozen mysis shrimp, vitamin enriched frozen brine shrimp, and other meaty foods along with a high quality marine flake and marine pellet food.
Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 1-1/2" to 3"; Medium: 3" to 4"; Large: 4" to 6"

Good luck
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

yea i am aware its a little baby though so i really don't think the 5 gallon difference is going to hurt her but i am well aware of that and i am going to keep a good watch on her for any stress of any kind, the good thing for me is if it comes to the point where my fish are really feeling squished i have a friend down the block with a 100 gallon tank willing to take care of any fish that i cant care for anymore. and to be honest i am not even sure its a vlorik because i really don't see any similarity with their picture to my fish, theirs a few wrasses that are so similar to mine i cant tell the difference haha
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's cool that you're friend will do that for you if the room starts to run out on them. Well just keep scour'n the pics of wrasses til you come across the one you have. Either way good luck bro.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com