can i have a forktail blenny and a midas blenny in the same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
soo finally 5 months later my tank is in order functioning properly and looking beautiful, in my tank now is a toby puffer fish,forktail blenny,scooter blenny, and a coral beauty my question is do you think i can have another fish and if so would a midas blenny be ok with my forktail or will they fight. its 45 gallon btw with 50+ pounds of live rock, remora protein skimmer, eheim cannister filter (100 gallons worht of filtration).

You can try it, but be prepared to remove one. In a 125 they would probably find their own space and squabble only occasionally. In a 48 I think they would constantly harass each other.

yea i thought that, any suggestions on another type of fish do you think i can get another fish in their?

You could get another fish, I don't think that would put you overstocked at all. Is this a reef or FOWLR? If you do get the midas i would rearrange the rock before so both fish feel like they are in a new area, might help some.

its FOWLR right now eventually want to go to a reef but not just yet lol

my local fish store has a baby poko dot box fish, and my girlfriend keeps bugging me to get him for my last fish lol would he be ok in it? i know their posionous but the guy at the store told me my tank was big enough to where he shouldnt get stressed and even so it shouldnt harm my tank. what do you guys think bad advice or would i be ok?

I would not chance my entire tank with a box fish. You already have one moderately aggressive fish that will most likely stress it. Look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom