can i just take out a rock that has cynobacteria on it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
theirs one rock in my 45 gallon tank where its starting to be taking over by cyno bacteria i already cut back my feeding to once a day rather then twice, and i was just wonderign can i just take out the rock with it? because none of my other rocks have any on it i think this rock has it just because its probally in a deadspot

well i took the rock out hopefully it doesnt come back or put a dent in my bacteria it shouldnt it was a small rock but thanks well no really thanks since no one had an answer lol but anyways will see what happens

I think you may still see cyano in the furture, taking out the one rock most likely won't stop it. Besides feeding also look into leaving your light on for shorter periods of time and determine if you have too much/not enough flow. I had a bad breakout of cyano in my tank. I did everything I could to not have to medicate the tank but in the end sometimes you just have too. If you don't see it anymore without the rock then good job. But if it does come back I used cyano solution , just one tiny treatment followed by a water change the next day and I have had zero cyano in my tank for months and before that my whole tank was covered. Oh and I'm sure your fine just removing that one rock in terms of it "bacteria"

Back
Top Bottom