can i mix clowns???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 2 of the nemo clowns,cant remember the name but they are the cheaper ones. wife wants to get 2 of the black and white clowns, can we do this?

if no, what other clowns can we have?

system is a 55 gal with 20 gal sump/fuge. 4 ft long 1 ft front to back and about 19 inches top to bottom

i asked the same question day before yesterday lol.

I was told that you can if you introduce both sets at the same time.

I currently have the B&W's, they are soo neat and I plan on adding the "cheap" oscellaris when I move my guys over to my new 55g.

Not sure if that helped, but it can be done. I've also heard not get odd numbers of them, like dont get 3 or 5 clowns. :)

oh wow buddy, I would say maybe. but 2 pairs in a 55 gal tank isn't the best idea.

If your going to do it, move your aquascaping around once you get the others ready for addition, so the territories can be established again. if you have an anenome I would get 2 so the pairs aren't warring over one.

Last edited:
yeah i have 2 rbt nems and a carpet nem. but after asking about the 2 sets of clowns, im gonna stick to one set. ether keep the nemos or trade them for 2 black and white guys... thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom