Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can Lighting Cause different behavior?

The only reason I am asking this is because I bought different lights for my fish tank. I had the stock white lights that the hood came with and I thought I was doing myself and my fish a favor by upgrading to these.

Well I didn't like the lights that much, they made my yellow tang look less yellow and it seemed like he was hiding more in his little cave rock where he sleeps. Also I couldn't find my six line wrasse anywhere.

Until later this day. :-( I looked under my stand and there he was all dried up. Dead!! My Six Line Wrasse had jumped! He never jumped for the whole year I have had him. New lights went in and came on and he jumped. I have full hoods on with only small area's in the back open. The waterline is an inch down from the very top so he had to jump in order for him to die.

So besides that did changing the lights from a soft white bright light to a soft bright purplish looking light really cause different behavior? I put the other bulbs back in and almost instantly my yellow came out of hiding.
Fish Sticks, the best thing you can do with your dead fish.
baron1282 is offline   Reply With Quote

behavior, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com