Can someone help me with starting a saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I bought a new power head one where that won't happen again like I'm worried about the toxin in the water

No toxin, only for humans if you eat it. Google it. I have a puffer in my tank and god forbid he got chopped up, I would still stick my hand in.

If you are nervous, check that you don't have any cuts on your hand before you stick your hand in the tank.

Once your water is ok, begin with snails and crabs and then 1 fish at a time every month or 3 weeks till your stocked.

why you think they sell long sleeve gloves
its for the nuclear waist you got

sorry bout your messy loss

So guy I threw the fish in the garbage and I took him out as I thought his back half was one but it was stuck to his side I thought the back was off but could my tank still have toxins in it or not

Attachments

• image-1470430012.jpg
    image-1470430012.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 84
you got lucky since you got whole fish out in tact
prob be good with just a good water change add a carbon sock it will help absorb any bad toxins in tank if there is any as a precaution 24hrs tops , I think you'll be ok since you got the whole fish out
I always use wifes old panty hose lol they work great!!
filled with carbon and put it in tank if I have a issue it helps alot (it acts like a big sponge)
I drop it in front so I can just toss it when done

This might sound cruel but do you think I could put a damsel in to see if there is any toxins in the water but if there's not and he live I actually want to keep him I've been wanting one for awhile

Mike jones said:
This might sound cruel but do you think I could put a damsel in to see if there is any toxins in the water but if there's not and he live I actually want to keep him I've been wanting one for awhile

If you do a water change you should be good to go.

What are your levels? I feel like you have bad levels you never answered it was asked a good bit too

like I said if you follow what I said above you'll be golden
(if your adding damsels add 1 of each type and nothing less than 4) that way no one type is out numbered causing ganging up on one fish
#'s help mellow them out a bit cause they chase and play with each other rather than pick on other tank mates , add them last or they will constantly fight picking on the other fish (y)
I have 6 and no one fights cause my clowns the boss he keeps them in line if they pick on someone plus it helps they were added last (y)

Hocky puck said:
What are your levels? I feel like you have bad levels you never answered it was asked a good bit too

I don't know my water condition I know my ammonia is down cause I got this thing to stick to the glass and it says 0.00 but I like in Alaska and my closest saltwater store is and hour and a half to get their and theres flood warnings cause the winds so bad but i might be able to go their this weekend and I can post my conditions

Hocky puck said:

I don't know my conditions but I know my ammonia level is between 0.00 and 0.02 cause this thing that I picked up but I live in alaska and my closest saltwater store is and hour an a half away and there flood warning and been a lot of power outages lately so I don't know when I'll be able to go out there

Oh ya and bout toxins being stung by a lions fish will hurt like a son of a gun cuz swelling etc but hardly fatal unless u have an allergic reaction to it

Back
Top Bottom