Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2004, 01:17 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I thought yellow tangs could be kept in a 55 gallon??????

Old 05-11-2004, 01:22 AM   #12
steve-s

Not long term. The minimum tank size is 4ft/75 gal for it to have a better chance. The more room, the more likely the tang will be with you along time to come

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-11-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmmmmm.. Looks like i will need to make some big changes. So i can tkeep the maroon with any other clown i have? Are maroons destructive?KNock of corals? Also another quick question, would the ocellaris be ok in an eclipse 12 fowlr? Mabey I can keep him in another tank. If at all possible i would like to keep him.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:40 PM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklidkid
So i can tkeep the maroon with any other clown i have? Are maroons destructive?KNock of corals?
Maroons should only be kept by themselves or as a mated pair. I would never recommend keeping them with other species of clowns. They are not intentionally destructive to corals but there is always the chance they could host in a more sensitive LPS that may damage it. That is true of any clown though

Quote:
Also another quick question, would the ocellaris be ok in an eclipse 12 fowlr? Mabey I can keep him in another tank. If at all possible i would like to keep him.
The ocellaris would be fine in a 12 gal tank.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe you could get a toadstool leather too if your lighting is good enough, then the clowns could rub around on it and make it their home. Toadstool leathers are easy to keep, if you are going to get corals anyway you might want to consider one.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well ill try to convince my parents to let me change our 12 gallon planted freshwater tank to a 12 gallon nano for my ocellaris. I will try to get rid of all the other fish in the 55 and get a pair of maroons. I will also look into a toadstool leather. Will it be ok under 220watts of PC? Also is it easy to find maroon pairs or do i have to try and make one myself.
THANKS
Old 05-11-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklidkid
I will also look into a toadstool leather. Will it be ok under 220watts of PC?
A wide variety of soft and LPS corals would do well under that lighting as long as the water parameters are maintained properly.

Quote:
Also is it easy to find maroon pairs or do i have to try and make one myself.
THANKS
Not normally. Most times I have seen them they are by themselves or too large to try and pair. Might try asking your LFS or favoirite on-line shop if they can special order them. If you can, I would definately try to get something from >>ORA Farms<<. They mght not be mated when you get them but should be small enough to "grow into it". That and the fact they are tank raised, will greatly improve the succes rate.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com