Can you put 2 yellow tangs in one tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they are added at the same time and the tank is aleast a 180g it can be done.....but the risk is there they may fight to the death.

Tfain said:
What about a blue tang and a yellow tang

Adding anything after a yellow tang can be problematic due the territorial nature of the yellow tang, not just fish of the same shape and color. Obviously not all yellow tangs are going to have the same personailty, however, in general that's just how they act. In my case, I added my yellow tang early on and every time I added something fter, the yellow tang would chase it around and harrass the other fish for 3-5 days, then leave them alone. This could be a fatal problem for a fish that is easily stressed out. Just something to keep in mind.

Adding anything after a yellow tang can be problematic due the territorial nature of the yellow tang, not just fish of the same shape and color. Obviously not all yellow tangs are going to have the same personailty, however, in general that's just how they act. In my case, I added my yellow tang early on and every time I added something fter, the yellow tang would chase it around and harrass the other fish for 3-5 days, then leave them alone. This could be a fatal problem for a fish that is easily stressed out. Just something to keep in mind.

Very true,sometimes its worth putting a smaller tank inside your DT with the new fish in it so they can see each other but cant touch for a few days to help them get used to each other.

Back
Top Bottom