cant get this clownfish to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
Still cant get this golden maroon clownfish to eat, i have given him everything frozen pellet food, krill, mysis shrimp, and flake food all soaked in garlic i dont get what else to do he ate the first day i got him but now wont eat and my water is fine and my puffer and eel are eating just fine so i know its nothing wrong with the water, idk if i am just being impatient but im all out of ideas

I had the same problem when I bought a small clown fish that was not tank raised. The guy at the lfs advised me that if he ate once and if it hadn't died after a week, that it would likely survive, and it would eventually eat when it was hungry enough. I have now had mine for over 6 weeks and it still goes through periods of finicky eating. My advise it to be patient and be careful not to overfeed. It is very tempting to keep feeding the tank just to get one fish to eat something.

My clowns pick a little bit. They aren't hearty eaters but they eat when they want. I would give them time to adjust. Are there any other fish in the tank that are stressing out the clown?

theirs just a toby puffer fish and a snowflake eel both of them havent even gone near him mind you the clown is an adult and the eel is a baby so it would be impossible for the eel to even digest a fin of this clownfish lol but its kinda funny i just installed a powerhead in my tank to get more of a current going because i only had a spray bar and it wasnt enough and SOOO much dead food came floating around and hes actually out swimming a little more i dont think the added current makes a differance but deff will help my water quality in the long run now

Opps I think this got posted on the wrong thread so I deleted it.

Back
Top Bottom