Cant shake the brown sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well as the title says I just cant get rid it. It's not diatoms because it's different shade then that. It's goes away overnight then back by the time I'm home from work. I'm thinking less light but if i do that is it ok to feed my puffer before lights on?

If you have a puffer they are very messy eaters and are putting alot of excessive nutrients in the tank. This could be what is fueling the nuisance algea. Also are you using tap water for PWC`s or top offs.

Would nuisance algae go away with the lights off? I would think it would stay brown but I could be wrong

Don't trust your LFS's water unless you test it with a TDS meter.

Times are tough, and a business does "things" to survive.....like not replacing RO/DI filters as often as they should or selling the cheapest salt mixed with tap water and labeling it "RO/DI Saltwater."

I wouldn't trust any of the LFS's in my area. They are crooked and staffed with stoners.

Mr. Crabs said:
Don't trust your LFS's water unless you test it with a TDS meter.

Times are tough, and a business does "things" to survive.....like not replacing RO/DI filters as often as they should or selling the cheapest salt mixed with tap water and labeling it "RO/DI Saltwater."

I wouldn't trust any of the LFS's in my area. They are crooked and staffed with stoners.

Oh my good ness! Where are you located for such horrible staff lol

Ummmm, at the sake of not offending loyal shoppers, I will plead the fif.

I realize that morality/ethics can be comprimised when a store is trying to keep the doors open in a bad economy, but these LFS's make Petco look like a PETA Sponsor.

I am certain that none of them would have a problem with labeling tap water mix as RO/DI Salt and selling it to newbies without a TDS meter.

This would be a great piece for local news to do.....go into these shops, buy a gallon and go into the parking lot and test it to reveal the scammers.

I know of soooo many horror stories from this store bought crap....people put confidence in it.

Back
Top Bottom