can't wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my cycle looks to be complete...Ammonia is 0ppm, nitrates are 20ppm, but the nitrites have stayed at .25ppm for a few days now. Should I do a water change before adding fish or is 20ppm ok. Also, what about the nitrites. Is that ok for fish or should I wait it out a little longer to see if they go down. I know patience is key with salt water but I'm tired of looking at rock...lol

Thanks Doug.
Already knew that answer with my experience with freshwater tanks but thought someone might have a magical answer for me..lol I might have to get some of those plastic fish attached to strings so my tank doesn't look so lonely..lol

How did you cycle it? What was your ammonia source? Maybe some of that bottled bacteria may help speed things along. I have never used it so I can't comment on it's effectiveness, but some say it works.

I did the shrimp method....shrimp is still in there by the way...Also used Microbacter7. The cycle is in its 3rd week..

yeah...tried the net but it made it worse so I just dug in there. Couldn't get my grand daughter to do it...lol

Could I grow some soft corals with the light I have...I see you have seen my other post. Maybe mushrooms or zoanthids

Place the shrimp in a fine mesh bag next time before adding. Then just whip em out with no mess at the end. ;)

Back
Top Bottom