Caribbean Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
annybody using this uncured Caribbean Live Rock
for cycling a new 20g

Kaboke

Do you have a link to the specific product?

Yes, I got 60lbs a few months ago. I have been really happy with the rock and the company. I asked for certain types of pieces and they gave me exactly what I asked for. I am most likely going to be buying some more rock in the near future and thats is where I will be getting it from again.

I feel I should tell you there was another thread where the person was not happy w/ their order from that company. FWIW IME you can rely on liveaquaria.com, premiumaquatics.com, and marinedepotlive.com for good LR at a decent price.

I helped a buddy of mine set his tank and he had this carribean LR. It was very dirty and had a ton of die off on it. I would clean and scrub it in SW first before putting it in your tank.

I have used Carribean or "Florida" LR, obtained from a LFS and online, in my tank to add to my current LR. IMHO, I would not consider it for cycling a new tank. The benefits are that it is aqua-cultured and comes with a very nice variety of visable life (can be good or bad, depending). Because of this, a lot of the life may not survive the cycle. I would go with cured or uncured LR, such as Fiji, from one of the sources Mike mentioned. After your tank is up and running, go ahead and source out some top-shelf carribean to add to the tank.

Good catch. I did not look over the website too closely. All of the carribean LR I have bought has been aqua-cultured off of the Florida coast.

Back
Top Bottom