Caulerpa in Main?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just curious to see if anyone with a FOWLR put some Caulerpa or Chaetomorpha in their main tank and allow for a bit more natural look? I know most use it in their fuge's but thought i'd ask. I saw some 'seaweed' labeled as Caulerpa & Chaetomorpha that I thought looked like it'd be neat to add to a tank. I think, especially since I can't have corals for some time that this would give the fish something to do/ munch on as well as give the tank a more natural look if aquascaped proplerly. It was only $5 for a huge bunch at the LFS - any thoughts?

If you have a tang in tank the calerpa will not last long. I put a ball as big as a baseball from my fuge and it`s gone in two days.

If you have a tang in tank the calerpa will not last long. I put a ball as big as a baseball from my fuge and it`s gone in two days.

Id love a tang of some sort, but I hear they're not good for a 55 gal ;) I've got a coral beauty in my QT tank as of right now. 2 common clowns in the main..

Back
Top Bottom